Buying a Laptop Computer Online - Tips
1. The ports. You should make sure that laptop has lots of USB ports for devices such as printer, mouse, flash drive, digital camera, etc. If your laptop does not come with many USB ports, you will need an USB hub. If you plan to connect your laptop to a TV, you will need an s-video port.
-- Useful EBooks --
|How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair|
2. CD/DVD. Most of laptops come with a CD writer\DVD reader drive. If you want to copy DVDs, you will need a DVD writer drive. At this time the maximum speed for burning a DVD is 16X.
3. The hard drive. The speed of hard drive is measured in rpm or Rotations per Minute. Try to find a laptop that has 4200rpm or 5400rpm. A laptop with 40 Gigabytes is sufficient for an average person.
4. The memory. Your laptop should have at least 1 GB of memory. However, you can get a notebook with 512 MB and work with Windows XP. You should avoid a laptop with only 256 MB of memory.
5. The processor. You can choose between Intel and AMD. At the moment, Intel has the best processor for a laptop called the Core 2 Duo. The speed of processors is measured in Gigahertz. The bigger the number, the faster the processor is. There are also Dual-Core processors. It means they can process two things at the same time. As a result, the power of the processor is doubled.
6. Size. You should choose a smaller screen if you carry your laptop a lot. Typically a 14.1 inch screen is considered small. A 17 inch screen is considered big. A 17 inch screen is heavier and use up more battery life. You can get a 15 inch or a 15.4 inch.
7. The warranty. Each laptop computer should come with one year warranty from the manufacturer covering only defective equipment. You can also get an extended warrantycovering any accidents you may have.
8. The brand. Average brand of laptop is Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer and Compaq. The better brand of laptops is Sony, Toshiba, Alienware and IBM-Lenovo.
About The Author
Alex Fir shares a wealth of information on his website Laptop Computers Center. If you want to learn more about buying a laptop go to http://www.laptopcomputerscenter.info/blog/
Books on Tips to Buy Laptop Computer Online
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Wi-Fi Wireless Networking by Harold Davis - Computers - 2004 . Buy a laptop with a CPU specially designed for mobile computers. and telephone • Online or using a catalog from a computer reseller • At a "real" store.
Trade Options Online by George A. Fontanills - Computers - 2000 . The first two tasks can take a major bite out of the computer's memory resources If you choose to buy a laptop as your primary computer, you may want to.
Electronic Broadcast Media in Singapore and the Region by John E. Keshishoglou, Pieter Aquilia, Thomson Learning (Firm), Asian Media Information and Communication Centre, Nanyang Technological University - Education - 2004 . man used data stored in secondhand cell phone to buy a laptop via online to make payment via online banking for a laptop computer that he bought..
9 Insider Secrets to: Amplifiying Your MLM Business Online by Dave Crogan - Business & Economics - 2007 . Unless you buy a video card for your laptop (explained later). Your laptop computer can be used as a desktop like this: Laptop computer Monitor Keyboard.
Online Activities in English for Engineering Purposes by Marisa Carrió Pastor - 2006 . Think of a person (it could be yourself) that needs to buy a notebook computer. Make a brief description of this person, imagine his or her needs and write.
Predicasts F & S Index United States by Predicasts, inc - Finance - 1979 To buy Addressograph Farrington. POS mfr MlS Week 03/ 17/86 p21 To acquire . ELEC ENG T 12/2/85 p6 Developing new laptop computer featuring 640x400-pixel.
Directory to fulltext online resources 1992: A User's Guide - Page xvi by Jack Kessler - Language Arts & Disciplines - 1992 . A good laptop computer for this purpose currently (Fall, 1991) costs as little as 3) buy a laptop made by a firm which will c support it and which won't.
Online Consumer Psychology: Understanding and Influencing Consumer Behavior by Curtis P. Haugtvedt, Karen A. Machleit, Richard Yalch - Psychology - 2005 . Here is how some participants indicated their intention to either buy or not to buy and they did so exclusively when examining the laptop computer..
PC world by PC World Communications, Inc, Information Access Company, Inc PC World Communications, PC world, PC world, EBSCO Publishing (Firm - Microcomputers - 1983 . However, the device he mentions requires a laptop computer. for one very good reason-l buy products exclusively from reliable vendors..
Strategic Operations Management by Steve Brown, Richard Lamming, John Bessant, Peter Jones - Business & Economics - 2005 . Thus, a manager wishing to buy a laptop computer in Australia will know what one of the first companies to become expert in the use of online auctions,.