Compiler Design - Parser, Lexical Analyzer, Optimization
The Structure of a Compiler, Lexical Analyzer, LEX, Design of Lex, Top down Parsing, LL(1) arsers, Bootom up Parsing, YACC, LR parsers, Syntax Directed Translation, Types and Type Checking, Run-Time Storage Administration and Symbol Table Management, Intermediate Code and Code Generation, Data-Flow Analysis, Code Optimizations, Architcure and recent development on compilers Modern Compiler Design
Compiler Design Books
-- Useful EBooks --
|How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair|
-- Provides readers with the skills required for modern compiler construction. All the major programming types (imperative, object-oriented, functional, logic, and distributed) are covered.
-- The definitive book on advanced compiler design. This comprehensive, up-to-date work examines advanced issues in the design and implementation of compilers for modern processors. Written for professionals and graduate students
-- This introduction to compilers is the direct descendant of the well-known book by Aho and Ullman, Principles of Compiler Design. The authors present updated coverage of compilers based on research and techniques that have been developed in the field over the past few years. The book provides a thorough introduction to compiler design and covers topics such as context-free grammars, fine state machines, and syntax-directed translation.
-- Useful EBooks --
|Weird Tricks to Lose Your Abdominal Fat|
-- This book shows you how to use two Unix utilities, lex and yacc, in program development. These tools help programmers build compilers and interpreters, but they also have a wider range of applications.
Modern Compiler Design
- Modern Compiler Design - The book is intended for those have at least used a compiler and have given some thought to the notion of compilation. It is not an introductory course (although it explains almost everything from basics).
- Compiler Construction using Flex and Bison - Introduction to Parser,Scanner, Context, Optimization, Virtual Machines, Stack Machine, Code Generation, Peep hole optimization,Flex, Bison
- Implementing A Scripting Engine (Must Visit) - Cool Tutorial from Flipcode includes tutorials on - The Lexical Analyzer, The Parser, The Symbol Table & Syntax Tree, The Semantic Checker & Intermediate Code Generator, Optimization, The Virtual Machine, Executable Code
- Compilers and Compiler Generators - An Introduction with C++ (Must Visit) - Great book by P.D. Terry contains - parsing, code generation, emulation and virtual machines.
- Compiler Connection - A Resource for Compiler Developers and Those Who Use Their Products and Services.
- The Lex and Yacc Page - Lex - A Lexical Analyzer Generator, Yacc: Yet Another Compiler-Compiler, Flex, A fast scanner generator, Bison, The YACC-compatible Parser Generator
- Lex & YACC HOWTO - The mystical programs Lex & YACC
- Catalog of Free Compilers and Interpreters - This list catalogues freely available software for language tools, which includes the following: compilers, compiler generators, interpreters, translators, important libraries, assemblers, etc.
- Catalog of Compiler Construction Tools - Freeware And Commercial Resources For Compiler Writers
- JLex: A Lexical Analyzer Generator for Java - JLex is a lexical analyzer generator, written for Java, in Java. JLex was developed by Elliot Berk at Princeton University. It is now maintained by C. Scott Ananian.
- Let's Build a Compiler, by Jack Crenshaw (Recommended) - This fifteen-part series, written from 1988 to 1995, is a non-technical introduction to compiler construction. You can read the parts on-line or download them in a ZIP file.
- Catalog of Free Compilers and Interpreters - This list catalogues freely available software for language tools, which includes the following: compilers, compiler generators, interpreters, translators, important libraries, assemblers, etc. -- things whose user interface is a language.
- Researchers in Programming Languages and Compilers - Links to home pages of researchers working on programming language theory, design, implementation, and related areas.
- Compiler Connection - A Resource for Compiler Developers and Those Who Use Their Products and Services Compiler Connection
- Links for more information about compiler construction - There's no excuse to use anything else Links for more information about compiler construction
- UCR / CSE / CS 179E: Project in Computer Science (Compiler Design) / Spring 2005 - The problem was, there was no documentation on UCR / CSE / CS 179E: Project in Computer Science (Compiler Design) / Spring 2005
- Compiler Design and Implementation Free Online Text books - Compiler Design and Implementation Free Online Text books Free Online books interview questions articles buy books medical business common interview question answering interview question Compiler Design and Implementation Free Online Text books
- Compiler Design Course Page / Links - Short and sweet introduction about Compiler Design Course Page / Links
- CMPT 379 - Fall 2007: Principles of Compiler Design - A step by step tutorial CMPT 379 - Fall 2007: Principles of Compiler Design
- Algorithms For Compiler Design - The Free Download eBooks Engine! - This is a bold claim, so let's look at this to see what makes it tick. Algorithms For Compiler Design - The Free Download eBooks Engine!
- Basics of Compiler Design - Perhaps the biggest (and most unheralded) change in Basics of Compiler Design
- CMPT 379 - Fall 2006: Principles of Compiler Design - A detailed discussion CMPT 379 - Fall 2006: Principles of Compiler Design
- UCR / CSE / CS 152: Compiler Design / Spring 2005 - Can't imagine life without this UCR / CSE / CS 152: Compiler Design
- Wellesley CS301 Compiler Home Page - Let me close with the story of Wellesley CS301 Compiler Home Page