discrete mathematics and Its Applications
Discrete Mathematics Books
- Schaum's Outline of Discrete Mathematics - by Seymor Lipschutz, Marc Lipson
-- Useful EBooks --
How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair
-- Schaum's Outline of Discrete Mathematics shows you step by step how to solve the kind of problems you're going to find on your exams. And this new edition features all the latest applications of discrete mathematics to computer science!
- 2000 Solved Problems in Discrete Mathematics - by Seymour Lipschutz
-- This powerful problem-solver gives you 2,000 problems in discrete mathematics, fully solved step-by-step! From Schaum's, the originator of the solved-problem guide, and students favorite with over 30 million study guides sold this solution-packed timesaver helps you master every type of problem you will face on your tests, from simple questions on set theory to complex Boolean algebra, logic gates, and the use of propositional calculus.
- Discrete Mathematics : Mathematical Reasoning and Proof with Puzzles, Patterns, and Games - by Douglas E. Ensley, J. Winston Crawley
-- Did you know that games and puzzles have given birth to many of today's deepest mathematical subjects? Now, with Douglas Ensley and Winston Crawley's Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, you can explore mathematical writing, abstract structures, counting, discrete probability, and graph theory, through games, puzzles, patterns, magic tricks, and real-world problems.
- Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics - by Kenneth Rosen, John Michaels, Gross etal
-- The Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics is the first book presenting a comprehensive collection of reference material for the essential areas of discrete mathematics as well as for important applications to computer science and engineering. Topics include logic and foundations, counting, number theory, abstract and linear algebra, probability, graph theory, networks and optimization, cryptography and coding, and combinatorial designs.
Discrete Mathematics Resources
- Open Problems in Discrete Mathematics - Unsolved Mathematics Problems list
-- Useful EBooks --
Weird Tricks to Lose Your Abdominal Fat
- Truth Tables for Digital Logic - Techniques for using truth tables
- Sets and Relations - Notation and Set Theory
- Divisibility and the Euclidean Algorithm - Number Theory
- Induction and Recursion - Illustrating this with a simpler recursive algorithm: Factorial.
- The Pigeon Hole Principle - if you have fewer pigeon holes than pigeons and you put every pigeon in a pigeon hole, then there must result at least one pigeon hole with more than one pigeon.
- Eric Weisstein's world of mathematics - hosted by the developers of MATHEMATICA..
- Discrete Mathematics - Research papers in different parts of discrete mathematics.
- Discrete Mathematics and Applications - Online edition of the book
- The Four Color Theorem - This page gives a brief summary of a new proof of the Four Color Theorem and a four-coloring algorithm found by Neil Robertson, Daniel P. Sanders, Paul Seymour and Robin Thomas. ....
- The Stony Brook Algorithm Repository - A comprehensive collection of algorithm implementations for over seventy of the most fundamental problems in combinatorial algorithms.
- Definitions from Discrete Mathematics - This is a tentative, and growing list of definitions, taken from various sources on Discrete Mathematics. Sources
- Princeton Discrete Mathematics Seminar - Seminars in PostScript (PS) format
- Discrete math tutorials, lessons and instructions. - What is Discrete Math? Why learn Discrete Math? A great introduction to Discrete Mathematics. ...
- Discrete Mathematics - This is the home page for the Discrete Mathematics course. Most files are in dvi format.
- Discrete Maths - Lecture Notes...
- Maths Is Fun - Some interesting stuff....
- Discrete Mathematics - Lecture Notes in PDF format.....
- Logic and Discrete Maths - Rationale for Restructuring the Logic and Discrete Maths
- Discrete mathematics in ASCII - math.syntax
Syllabus: Compound Statements, Proofs in Mathematics, Truth Tables, The Algebra of Propositions, Logical Arguments, Sets and Relations, Sets, Operations on Sets, Binary Relations, Equivalence relations, Partial Orders, Functions, Domain, Range, One-to-One, Onto Inverses and Composition One-to-One Correspondence and the Cardinality of a Set, The Division Algorithm, Divisibility and the Euclidean Algorithm, Prime Numbers, Congruence, Induction and Recursion, Mathematical Induction, Recursively Defined Sequences, Solving Recurrence Relations: The Characteristic Polynomial Solving Recurrence Relations: Generating Functions, Principles of Counting, The Principle of Inclusion-Exclusion, The Addition and Multiplication Rules, The Pigeon-Hole Principle, Permutations and Combinations, Permutations, Combinations, Repetitions