Shamshad Begum Songs Download - Free Hindi Punjabi Mp3 And Film Music
Shamshad Begum is one of the first playback singers in the Hindi film industry. Born in Amritsar, Punjab. She was a big fan of K. L. Saigal and watched Devdas 14 times. Recently, she celebrated her 89th birthday at her elder sister's house and now she stays at Powai, Mumbai. She has been conferred the Padma Bhushan in 2009
-- Useful EBooks --
|How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair|
Shamshad Begum started her radio career on Peshawar Radio and did work in Lahore, Delhi and so on. She made her debut on radio in Lahore on December 16, 1937 captivating the hearts of listeners with the enchanting depth of her voice. Shamshad was very much conscious of her not so beautiful face and she never posed for any picture and not many people saw her pictures anywhere.
Until the end of the70s, nobody knew her face but everybody could recognise her melodious voice as it was used by the great maestros like Naushad Ali and O. P. Nayyar. Even today her songs from 1950s, 1960s, and early 1970s are popular and remixed by upcoming music directors Begum sang for the All India Radio (AIR) through her musical group 'The Crown Imperial Theatrical Company of Performing Arts', set up in Delhi. The then AIR Lahore helped her in entering the world of movies as they frequently broadcast her songs, which induced music directors to use her voice for their films. Shamshad also recorded "naats" and devotional music for a couple of gramophone recording companies.
Famous Songs of Shamshad Begum
- Boojh Mera Kya Naam Re - CID (1956) - Music O P Nayyar.
- Chod Babul Ka Ghar - Babul - Music Naushad.
- Ek Tera Sahara - Shama - Music Ghulam Haider.
- Holi Aayee Re Kanhaai - Mother India (1957) - Lyric: Shakeel Badayuni; Music: Naushad.
- Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar Zara Dere Chalo - Aar Paar -Music O P Nayyar.
- Kahin Pe Nigahen Kahin Pe Nishana - CID (1956)-Music O P Nayyar.
- Kajra Mohabbatwala Ankhiyon Mein Aisa Dala, (Duet With Asha Bhosle) - Kismat (1968) - Music: O.P. Nayyar.
- Leke Pehla Pehla Pyar - CID (1956)- Music O P Nayyar.
- Mere Piya Gaye Rangoon - Patanga- Music C Ramchandra.
- Meri Neendon Main Tum, Meri Khwabon Mein Tum (Duet With Kishore Kumar) - Naya Andaz - Music: O P Nayyar.
- Meri Neendon Mein Tum - Naya Andaz- Music O P Nayyar.
- Milte Hi, Aankhen Dil Hua-Babul- Music Naushad.
- Naina Bhar Aye Neer - Humayun- Music Ghulam Haider.
- O Gadiwale-Mother India- Naushad.